Friday 4 December 2009

New Works On Paper

2 x 13 x 9.5” Men DO MAKE Passes at Girls Who Wear Glasses
14 x 11” Keep that Schoolgirl Complexion
14 x 11” How right she is (Drink at least one pint of milk every day)
These are a selection of new paintings on paper I have just finished & I will be dropping them off at Gallerina on Saturday.
It seems I'm painting adverts again which I haven't for around a year. The inspiration is a pile of Womans Own magazines from the 50s I purchased from a car boot. I think they had been stored somewhere a little damp but I really loved the aging on them. This has been the main influence to paint them onto paper, ripping the edges and aging them artificially. I like that they blur the gap between the original and my reproduction.
If you are in the Darlington area on Saturday drop into Gallerina as I will be there for a few hours to chat about my work. If you need help getting there click here.
I will be there from Noon until about 3pm if you want to come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment