Wednesday 5 October 2011

Art London



If you are near Royal Hospital Chelsea in London pop in and see my new collection of work which is being exhibited with Heartbreak Gallery at the art fair Art London.

This new series of work carries on my love of pulp or low brow imagery that is re-imagined using a pop art sensibility.
All the figurative imagery (the women and men that appear) have been taken from original photographs in 40s and 50s pulp detective magazines, they have then been ‘tweaked’ and then reworked into imaginary pulp novels with myself as their fictional author.
These small pocket book novels are then oversized to grandiose proportions and paint is applied liberally allowing me to focus on areas that please me and smudging and blurring others with a heightened use of colour. The titles and logos are treated in this same manner which creates a tension between the image and the text imposed upon it.
The collection can be viewed on my website here

No comments:

Post a Comment